Ashbury Cosmetics Gold Coast Varicose and Spider Vein Treatment
Seeking Varicose or Spider vein treatment on the Gold Coast? Ashbury Cosmetic Surgery can help you with a range of innovative, straightforward treatments.
Aside from being visually unpleasant, the appearance of varicose or spider veins can potentially lead to serious health issues, even fatality. While not all varicose or spider veins need treatment, if you are experiencing discomfort you should seek medical advice.
Why Choose Ashbury Cosmetics?
- Affordable and Medicare rebate may apply
- Performed for over 15,000 patients
- 20 years experience
- Latest laser technology
- Little to no downtime
- Walk in walk out
- No scar technique
What are Varicose and Spider veins?
Veins carry deoxygenated blood back to the heart, there is a system of valves inside veins that allows for the one-way flow of blood and prevents blood from collecting in one area. When a valve fails it restricts blood flow, there is increased pressure on the valve and it can cause the enlargement of veins as blood pools in certain areas. Varicose veins look like bulging veins and occur in specific areas, most commonly the legs. Spider veins are often closer to the surface and appear in red or blue small clusters, they can occur in any part of the body and are thinner in appearance.
What causes Varicose and Spider Veins?
Varicose and Spider veins can occur in both men and women; women however are more prone to develop them at some point in their life. They can be caused by a number of factors including:
- Prolonged standing or sitting
- Genetics can mean some are more predisposed than others
- Lack of fibre in diet
- Weak veins
- Being overweight
- Sun exposure
There are not always noticeable or visible symptoms but Varicose and Spider veins can cause:
- Skin ulcers – due to chronic backing up of blood, these are painful and hard to heal
- Thrombophlebitis – clot formations in deeper veins that can lead to serious health complications
- Excessive bleeding – thinner skin around veins means they are easily injured and can lead to significant blood loss
- Edema – swelling caused by fluid build up which increases the risk of fungal and bacterial infections
At Ashbury Cosmetics we offer a range of modern and innovative treatment methods, extremely effective at removing the appearance of unsightly veins. Varicose and Spider vein treatment is virtually painless and swift enough so you can go home on the same day, avoiding hospitalisation and painful vein stripping surgeries. Treatments include:
- Sclerotherapy – the injection of a liquid that causes visible veins to shrink, eventually collapsing to be reabsorbed by the body. This treatment is recommended for larger veins.
- Laser treatment – pinpoints specific areas using pulsing beams of light that causes the collapse and reabsorption of affected veins.
- Endo Venous Laser Therapy (EVLT) – a ‘high tech’ version of sclerotherapy involving a tiny catheter or laser fibre being inserted into the vein. Radio frequency or laser energy causes the vein to shrink and seal.